Friday, July 19, 2013

Pearson Trip-Day 3


Friday, July 19, 2013
Since the wind was behind us the whole time, we unfortunately couldn’t do much sailing.  I learned this the hard way, trying to sail with the wind behind me while keeping on course was pretty difficult.  I must’ve went off course about 50 times, that or I lost wind in the sails, before realizing it as I had to time the delay of the steering.  I felt a little foolish because I couldn’t seem to get the hang of it no matter how hard I tried.  The seas were a lovely 5-6ft, and upon entering the Gulf Stream, I noticed the water turn a bright aquamarine.  We have had a pretty bumpy ride thus far, and sleeping has proven to be a little challenging.  We went through a couple of squalls, but nothing too exhausting, thanks in part to the full enclosure on the boat.  The happiest moment today was when a pod of dolphins came and played in the wake of the boat.  They were grey with white spots, and at first I thought they were seals (silly me).  I even saw a baby dolphin in the mix, which made me smile.  Distance traveled in 24 hours, 160 nm.  



Aquamarine Stream




No comments:

Post a Comment